The European Commission has outlined steps to revive the tourism industry, which is experiencing the effects of the coronavirus pandemic more than others.
Here are the measures the body recommends to hotel owners and administrators:
· ensure social distance in public places where guests can stay for more than 15 minutes (beaches, pools, cafes, bars and restaurants) and monitor compliance with this measure;
· however, social distance should not be mandatory for people traveling together and sharing the same number;
· create a reservation system for guests visiting the restaurant, pool and gym;
· apply alternative measures to protect guests and employees when it is impossible to maintain social distance, for example, install glass or plastic dividing screens at tourist service desks, recommend wearing masks;
· carry out regular sanitization in enclosed spaces such as spas and pools;
· postpone mass events such as concerts or performances;
· leave closed some of the rooms provided by the hotel, such as children’s rooms.